We have an immediate opportunity for 10 Drivers Mates for a major employer who is based at London Luton Airport (LU2 9QT).
In this role, you will be required to work shifts between 0500 hrs - 0100 hrs or a permanent night shift between 1700 hrs – 0500 hrs on a 4-on-4 off rotating shift pattern.
This is a full-time shift-based role, working a minimum of 42 hours per week covering a 365-day operation.
No experience is required as full training is provided.
Drivers Mates are responsible for providing vehicle marshalling assistance to drivers who will drive around the aircraft and around the airport terminal.
In return the Drivers Mate will receive:
• £9.50 p/h basic + £14.25 p/h Overtime rate.
• A variety of shift patterns between 0500 hrs and 0100 hrs (12 hrs shift per day).
• Guarantee of 42 hours per week + overtime
• Fixed shift pattern working 4 days on and 4 days off.
• Weekly Pay.
• Free company Uniform.
• Free parking.
The main duties of the Drivers Mate:
• Assist drivers with the safe marshalling of vehicles near the aircraft.
• Manually lift and escort passengers on and off aircraft and onto airside vehicles
• During busy periods, escorting arriving and departing passengers through the airport either on foot, by wheelchair or by electric buggy (training provided).
• Providing assistance with passenger baggage.
• Complete basic paperwork relating to passenger movements.
The essential skills and experience required for this Drivers Mate role:
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Be capable of manually lifting passengers from their wheelchairs to and from aircraft seats (full manual handling training provided).
• The ability to work shifts including weekends and Bank Holidays.
Successful applicants will be subject to:
• A 5-year checkable history for security vetting purposes.
• Criminal Record check (refundable).
If you wish to be considered for this Drivers Mate role, please click on the link below or contact Storm Raggett.
Aviation Recruitment Network Limited is acting as an Employment Business.