An exciting opportunity to work with a branch new international freight and logistics company who have offices all over the world and several offices within the UK.
Due to a new contract, this company is now operating out of East Midlands Airport (DE74).
A permanent opportunity has become available for a Customs Clearance Agent.
This is a full time position working nights covering a shift based roster.
The main responsibility of the Customs Clearance Agent will be to ensure customs clearance procedures are completed in accordance to HMRC regulations governing the import and export of freight and cargo.
Due to the nature of this position, it is essential that you have experience of working within a similar role or environment where you have held responsibility for overseeing the process of exporting goods from the UK to other countries by road, sea or air.
The key duties of the Customs Clearance Agent will be:
• Assist with the customs clearance of goods for export within a warehouse
• Assist with HMRC inspections in relation to the shipment of goods
• Maintain accurate records that can be inspected by HMRC, the company and third party stakeholders
• Conduct sample checks of goods ensuring exporting procedures and documentation have been followed to government guidelines
The skills and experience required for this Customs Clearance Agent position:
• Experience in a similar role or where you have had held any responsibility with the exporting of goods
• Experience from within a company specialising in Freight Forwarding, Imports/Exports, Shipping, Logistics, International Distribution, Transport or with a company that ships goods overseas
• Basic knowledge of HMRC regulations governing the export of goods
• Experience of working to business critical deadlines
• IT literacy
• 5 year checkable history
• Ability to work a permanent night shift between 2000 hrs – 0400 hrs
Candidates with experience as a Customs Administrator, Customs Agent, Freight Forwarding Agent, Import/Export Clerk, Goods In/Good Out Clerk, Bonded Goods Clerk will be ideally suited for this role.
In return for this Customs Clearance Agent, the company is offering:
• £25,000 – £28,500 per annum depending upon experience
• Airport Parking
• Company uniform
• Once trained, the opportunity to progress with the company to take responsibility as a Cargo Manager
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this Customs Clearance Agent position, then click on the link below, or call Ashley Sparkes for more details.
Aviation Recruitment Network Limited is acting as an Employment Agency.