We have an opportunity for an experienced Air Freight Import Clerk to join a leading global provider of cargo handling services at London Gatwick Airport (RH6).
The financial remuneration and benefits for this Import Clerk position:
- Up to £39,650 per annum
- Free parking
- Monday - Friday 0900 hrs – 1730 hrs
- Training & development to enhance your career
Reporting to the Imports Manager, you will work as part of the air freight imports team, where you will be responsible for dealing with imports related queries from customers, airlines, agents and freight forwarders by phone and email.
The duties of an Import Clerk will include:
- Responding to all imports related queries using Freshdesk CRM in accordance to agreed SLAs.
- Dealing with renominations, IMP shipments, BI requests (Bonded Imports) and arranging shed transfers.
- Managing shipments that have been assigned to a relevant clearing agent.
- Perform and complete daily customs clearance entries.
- Trace missing cargo.
- Ensuring import compliance and HMRC regulations are adhered to.
- Arrange airline collections for transfer to ETSF (External Temporary Storage Facility).
- Perform weekly bond checks ETSF warehouse.
- Release shipments from the warehouse.
- Taking payments for freight storage charges.
- General warehouse duties where required (predominantly office-based role).
- Self-managing and pro-active.
The skills and experience required for this Import Clerk role are:
- A minimum of 1 years of Air Imports experience in a Cargo Handling, Airline or General Air Cargo Sales Agent environment.
- A full understanding of the end-to-end Air Freight Imports process.
- Good knowledge of UK regulations relating to customs clearance and DfT customs compliance.
- Be highly organized with an ability to manage high volumes of emails and phone calls.
- A 5-year workable history check. Right to Work in UK.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role, then click on the link below or call Jade Karam.
Aviation Recruitment Network Limited is acting as an Employment Agency s for this role.