This client is a leading freight forwarding company with over 25 years experience in delivering air, sea, courier and road freight solutions for major blue chip business within the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
Due to continued business expansion, they have an immediate requirement for an experienced Freight Sales Manager to join their dynamic and growing team.
The company is able to offer home working for up to 3 days per week and 2 days from their prestigious offices in Hull (HU14).
This is an exciting opportunity for the an experienced Freight Sales Manager with strong business development skills from within the freight forwarding industry.
As a Freight Sales Manager you will be have the following responsibilities:
• The development of cargo sales opportunities within road, sea and air freight
• Actively create new sales pipelines and manage existing customer accounts
• Quote, negotiate and sell all aspects of road, air and sea freight solutions
• Negotiate rate reviews with clients
• Work to monthly sales targets as specified by Branch Manager
• Processing of freight/cargo movements
The skills and experience required by the Freight Sales Manager:
• A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role selling road, sea, courier or airfreight solutions from a freight forwarding environment
• A track record in business development via telephone sales and face to face sales
• A natural in establishing and managing relationships at various levels
• An individual who is a self-starter, who is highly motivated, able to think, plan, and act independently
• Experience of managing the full sales cycle from freight pricing to the actual shipment of freight
• Proficient in MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint and experience of using a CRM system
For the successful Freight Sales Manager the company is offering:
• Starting salary of £25,000 per annum rising to £30,000 per annum after 3 months probation
• Plus commission structure of circa £24,000 per annum
• Company car or car allowance (after probation)
• Home working 2/3 days per week
• Laptop + Mobile phone
• Relaxed casual working environment
• Comfortable office location within a managed office site
• Free car parking
Experienced Freight Account Managers, Cargo Sales Managers, Cargo Development Managers, Cargo Sales Brokers, Freight Brokers or Freight Forwarding Managers from a Freight Forwarding environment are ideal for this role.
If this Cargo Sales Manager role sounds of interest to you, then click on the link below.
Aviation Recruitment Network Limited is acting as an Employment Agency.