This client is one of the leading distribution companies with over 35 years’ multinational experience, they have been named one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortunes Magazine.
Due to continued business expansion this major Freight Forwarding company are looking for a Freight Administrator to join their ever-growing team based at East Midlands Airport (DE74 2SA).
Full training within Freight processing will be provided, however it is essential that you possess strong administration skills for this role.
This Freight Administrator position is an office based role with an immediate start working Mon – Fri 1700 hrs – 2300 hrs.
The duties of the Freight Administrator will include:
• Processing export shipments.
• Allocating export codes and tariffs to outbound freight.
• Checking internal system information/data against shipment invoices.
• Assisting HMRC with customs queries relating to shipments.
• Analysing internal and external database systems to identify shipments that require clearance.
The successful Freight Administrator will receive the following:
• Office based Monday – Friday hours, 1700 hrs – 2300 hrs.
• £11.42 p/h – £12.74 p/h.
• Working hours of 1700 hrs – 2300 hrs Monday – Friday.
• Guarantee of 30 hrs per week rising to 35 hrs per week after probation.
• Free car parking.
• Full training in freight processing.
Essential skills and experience needed to be considered for the role of Freight Administrator:
• Administration experience gained from an office based environment.
• A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Experience of dealing with multiple administrative tasks.
• Highly proficient with using a PC (essential for this role).
• A high level of English and good, clear communication skills.
Any candidates with experience in Freight processing or knowledge of the Customs Clearance process will be considered highly desirable.
This position would suit an individual with experience as an office administrator, administrator, customer service administrator or administrative assistant.
The airport is easily accessible via a 24 hours airport Skylink bus services that serves Nottingham, Derby, Leicester and Loughborough.
Staying alert for Covid:
The company will ensure all staff practising social distancing in line government recommended guidelines
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this Freight Administrator position then click on apply.
Aviation Recruitment Network Limited is acting as an Employment Business.