This client is a leading freight forwarding company with over 25 years experience in delivering air, sea, courier and road freight solutions for major blue chip business within the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
Due to continued business expansion, they have an immediate requirement for an experienced Imports Clerk to join their team based at East Midlands Airport (DE74 2SA) who will be responsible for managing 40 – 50 customer import/export accounts.
This role offers flexible working opportunity where employees can work 2 days per week from home and 3 days based in the office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Freight Forwarding Agent, Imports Clerk, Imports Agent or an Imports/Exports Coordinator with all round knowledge international air and sea freight movements.
The Imports Clerk will be have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the full end to end process associated with the booking and management Non-EU freight movements
- Creating Import/Export entries through FCL (CHIEF) and ASM Sequoi
- Manage all customs related procedures including tariff classifications, duty rates and any other documentation requirements
- Process and manage all customs clearance related documentation in accordance to company and HMRC standards
- Handle and process documentation including export and import clearance of Air, Courier, Sea and road freight
- Assist in the completion of customs entries
- Tracking of shipments
- Raising invoices to consignors and process V.A.T and duty invoices
- Arranging of modes of transport with logistics suppliers
- Assist with incoming freight enquires relating to air and sea freight
The skills and experience required for this Imports Clerk position:
- Experience in a similar role from a freight forwarding agent
- Hands on experience of customs entry process
- Knowledge of Imports customs clearance
- Experience of sea and air freight (essential for this role)
- Highly experienced in the importing of international freight and cargo
- A full understanding of CHIEF (Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight) database
- Knowledge of ASM Sequoi software
- Any related experience as a Imports Clerk, Imports Coordinator, Freight Clerk or Imports/Exports Clerk is highly desirable
For the successful Imports Clerk the company is offering:
- £25,000 - 32,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Office hours between 0830 hrs -1715 hrs (Monday – Friday)
- Overtime premiums for occasional Sat/Sun working
- Flexible working from home policy
- Lap top + Mobile phone
- Relaxed casual dress working environment
- Comfortable office location within a managed office site
- Free car parking
If this Imports Clerk role sounds of interest to you, then click on the link below.
Aviation Recruitment Network Limited is acting as an Employment Agency.